We’re hiring! Junior Administration Assistant required straight away!
Are you looking to gain more experience and responsibility in a small business environment? Do organised calendars and completed to do lists make your heart fill with pride on a job well done? Are you a whiz on the social media, have a killer phone manner, and can bust out professional yet friendly emails without batting an eye? Does a spreadsheet full of numbers fill you with curiosity rather than dread? Do you love learning?
We’re seeking an amazingly talented, reliable, and intelligent person to join our team, to fill the role of Junior Administration Assistant. You’ll be taking care of a wide variety of tasks throughout the office and business, and being the first person people see when they visit us. We’re a well-established and comfortably growing IT services provider, and we look after the IT requirements for small and medium businesses throughout Australia. The position is part time, based in Malaga, WA, and we’re needing you for 20-24-ish hours a week.
The role has exposure to nearly every area of the business, and, working under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Administration Officer, you will be responsible for activities listed below, including first point of contact duties, social media management, data entry into MYOB (training provided if required), purchasing of supplies, making marketing happen, making people feel awesome, as well as assisting the Senior Administration Officer and Managing Director in the day to day business operations.
We’re super pumped to be able to offer this role as one of two new administrative positions within our established, fun, and modestly successful company. Both roles are collaborative, working together on common tasks throughout the course of a week, but they differ in responsibility from each other. This job ad is for the Junior Administration Officer; there is also a Senior Administration Officer role available.
*** SUPER IMPORTANT *** We’re expecting to receive a lot of applications for this role, so, you’ll need to get our attention somehow. How is up to you. Plus, please tell us:
- Why you’re an exceptional candidate,
- What your biggest career success story is,
- What your biggest stuff up at work has been and the lessons it taught you (don’t stress, we all make mistakes).
Reception / First Point of Contact
- Talking. You’ll be doing a lot of talking, via phone, face to face, and email. You need to be able to write clearly, be friendly, have amazing phone manner, and be a delight to deal with.
- “Director of First Impressions” for visitors to the office – you’ll be the first person they see and are greeted by
- Receptionist tasks such as call answering and message taking, mail runs, and other typical front-of-house tasks, such as tea and coffee prep for visitors
- You’ll have a swanky reception desk and counter all to yourself; complete with your own Sonos & Spotify
- Assisting the Senior Administration Officer in delegated tasks
- Assisting the entire team with day to day activities, such as calendaring, scheduling, communications, data entry
- Assisting our technical team with administrative tasks and non-technical tasks
- Assisting to maintain our service agreement register & billing
- Minor invoicing of work completed by the technical team, and reporting of products and services to clients
- Engaging with new clients to get all of their details into our systems, helping with the client onboarding process, making them feel welcome!
- Spreading the word about us and what we’re doing on social media – Facebook, Google Plus, and LinkedIn – basically, making us look cooler than our competitors? 🙂
- Working with the Senior Admin officer and Managing Director to implementing the existing marketing plan and develop new marketing strategies
- Arranging gifts and rewards for clients and suppliers
Day to day book keeping & financials
- Entry level book keeping / data entry tasks with MYOB – full training and guidance provided
- Assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable – full training and guidance provided
- Assisting with bank account reconciliations – full training and guidance provided
- Purchasing of supplies and technical components
- Purchasing of stationary and staff amenities
- Liaising with suppliers and clients regarding the status of deliveries and orders
- Assisting with maintaining our purchase order log
- Maintaining common areas tidy throughout the day and week, eg. preparing boardroom for meetings, keeping reception lobby tidy
- Assisting to develop our operational procedures to ensure clients receive an experience that makes them go “wow!” each time they work with us
- Plus much more!
- Must be eligible to work in Australia
- Must have at least two years proven experience in similar roles in small or medium business
- Must thrive for superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Must be able to work unsupervised, and take initiative
- Must possess good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be tech-savvy, knowing your bits from your bytes
- Must have a professional demeanor and personality, but still be fun and involved with the team around you
- Must be a problem solver and able to think for yourself
- Must have faultless attention to detail – dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- Must be able to put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their perspective
- Must have an amazing phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Must be well groomed and well dressed
- Above all, you must be reliable, punctual, a team player, and committed to making a difference with an awesome team!
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Junior Administration Assistant position” and be sure to answer our super important section above! If you’re a recruiter, please don’t contact us; we’re cool with reading peoples CV’s.