We’re hiring! Another IT superhero needed to save the world :-)
Hey there! Are you a gun IT technician with a few years of experience in a managed service provider? Want to expand your scope, get stuck into projects, and enjoy a mix of help desk, on site, and remote service? Sick of putting out fires all the time and want to actually make a difference?
We need a fun and intelligent person to join our team, to fill a full time role of IT Support Technician, taking care of a never ending variety of tasks within our technical support department. We’re a growing managed services provider, and we look after the IT requirements for small and medium businesses throughout Australia. This is a full time position based in Malaga, WA. It’ll provide you with MASSIVE exposure to myriad technologies, best practices, and theories. We also talk a lot about BBQ, food, and non-techie stuff.
Within our growing team you will be responsible for performing helpdesk duties, providing level 1 and level 2 technical support to clients remotely, on site, and on our workbench, and level 3 support where your skills are demonstrated. The #1 objective is providing professional service to clients – so be prepared to tell us WHY you’re a professional in your cover letter, and if shortlisted for an interview, you’ll need to demonstrate it to us (a little bit of theory and practical).
We’re very much a people-first company, so if the thought of building long lasting relationships with your co-workers and our clients gets you excited, then you should apply for this role straight away. We have limitless coffee, red frogs, tim tams, Anki Overdrive, and a culture that sets us apart from the rest.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Helpdesk – answering emails, phone calls, assisting the technical support team with triage of support requests and scheduling
- Fixing IT problems for our clients on site, remote, and on our workbench
- Taking care of system maintenance across our client base
- Implementing new systems and solutions for clients
- Assisting the team with project delivery
- Accurately documenting work performed and recording it in our job system
- Following our standard operating procedures and “rules of the game”
- Installing printers, PC’s, laptops, servers, and network devices for clients
- Wiring up server cabinets, communications cabinets, and crawling around under desks to perform tidy installations
- Looking out for your team mates
- Plus a great deal more
- Must have common sense!
- Must be eligible to work within Australia to be considered for this role.
- Must have a few years experience at a Managed Service Provider, looking after SMB clients.
- Must have a CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience, at minimum.
- Must thrive for superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Must be able to work unsupervised, and take initiative.
- Must include the statement “all your base are belong to us” in your application to prove that you have actually read this advertisement and are serious about the job.
- Must have a professional demeanor and personality but be friendly.
- Must be a problem solver and able to think for yourself, but at the same time realize the limits of your knowledge.
- Must have faultless attention to detail – dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- Must be able to put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their perspective
- Must have an amazing phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Must be well groomed and well dressed
- Must have your own reliable vehicle, and driver’s license
- Above all, you must be reliable, punctual, a team player, and committed to making a difference!
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject “IT Tech WA” and tell us why you’d be a great candidate!