IT Helpdesk Analyst – Devonport region, Tasmania
FT, PT, Casual roles available; hybrid role with in-office and remote work-from-home arrangements available.
We are always recruiting for good people with IT aptitude and talent to join our team; this is a permanent advert for this position.
Remuneration above Fair Work Australia’s MA000065 Professional Employees award, plus paid overtime / work flexibility benefits, such as our nine day fortnight program.
Last updated 7th February 2023
You have a friendly disposition and thrive when helping and supporting others. You love technology and love how it makes things better, and you have a desire to help people. Maybe you’re new to the industry and you want to get your feet wet in the real IT world, or you’ve been on helpdesk for a year or two and wanting a change of scenery and a chance to learn more.
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, and have strong principles of diversity and inclusion across our team.
We’re happy to hear from uni students, recent graduates, existing helpdesk personnel from another company or MSP, and even grizzled veterans who just want to keep it simple and deliver great customer service. For this role, while our office is in Devonport, we’re happy to chat to you if you’re based in Burnie, Launnie, actually .. anywhere within Tassie; permanent remote work-from-home is an option for the right candidate.
Within this role you’ll be taking care of a wide variety of tasks within our help desk team. Day to day IT support, system builds, user accounts, software support, and first level cybersecurity incident response. Whether your passion is networks, system admin, cybersecurity, or prefer desktop and end user support and Microsoft 365, we’d love to hear from you, and help you build on the skills you’re passionate about with our professional development programme.
Who we are
activIT systems is a steadily growing, and sustainable, IT service provider headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, with a branch office in Devonport, Tasmania. We take care of IT and cybersecurity for small and medium business. We’ve been around since 2004, have a long list of loyal clients, and a hugely passionate team.
Our Tasmanian office is a stones throw from the Mersey River and the Rooke Street Mall in the heart of Devonport, quick walking distance to places like Fundamental Espresso and Banjo’s bakery. It’s a secluded, quiet space, great for focus and concentration. The Tassie office supports local clients, as well as remote support for clients around the country.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Helpdesk support for triage & remediation of inbound requests – emails, calls, remote service
- Deployment of new user accounts, new system builds, and day to day business as usual support
- Administration and implementation of Microsoft 365, and other cloud services
- Following our standard operating procedures and “rules of the game”
- Time tracking and recording of work performed in our job system
- Installing printers, PC’s, laptops, servers, and network devices for clients, and..
- Having your teammates backs by being reliable.
To be considered for this great role you will ideally have
- Demonstrated ability to learn new IT concepts and a demonstrated passion for this;
- Good technical aptitude – you ‘get’ how technical things work;
- Some experience providing IT support to an education institute, charity, association, home users (but not Mum & Dad);
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience;
- Operate with common sense and can problem solve issues autonomously.
- Eligiblity to work in Australia
- A valid drivers license and your own reliable vehicle
- A Tasmanian police clearance certificate (or can obtain one)
- A desire to deliver superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Maturity to work unsupervised, and take initiative
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite
- A professional demeanor and personality, but still be fun and involved with the team around you
- Great problem solving skills and able to think for yourself
- Faultless attention to detail – dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- Perspective – put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their angle
- Friendly and polite phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Super reliability, punctuality, and commitment to making a difference within an awesome team!
- Prepare a cover letter addressed to the Managing Director, tell us a bit about yourself and why this role interests you
- Send the cover letter with a current resume to email@example.com
- Use the subject line “IT Helpdesk Analyst role”
- If we think you may be a good fit, we’ll be in contact to book an interview!