We’re hiring! Senior Administration Officer role available immediately!
[ this job ad posted 27th October 2017 ]
Are you ridiculously organized? Do you work on your daily to-do list in between snoozes on the alarm clock, or have you already got them sorted from the day before? Do you believe variety is the spice of life? Sick of working in roles where you don’t get a chance to make a difference, don’t see the results from your efforts, and your suggestions fall on deaf ears? Do you want to be one of the vital cogs that makes all the wheels turn in a small business?
We’re seeking amazingly talented, reliable, and intelligent people to join our team, to fill the role of Senior Administration Officer. You’ll be taking care of a huge variety of tasks throughout the office and business, and supervising the Junior Administration Officer as well. We’re a well-established and comfortably growing IT services provider, and we look after the IT requirements for small and medium businesses throughout Australia. The position is part time, based in Malaga, WA, and we’re needing you for 24-ish hours a week.
The role has exposure to just about every area of the business, and, working with our entire team you will be responsible for activities listed below, including some first point of contact duties, contract editing and review, keeping things under control in MYOB (training provided if required), purchasing, marketing, making people feel awesome, as well as assisting the Managing Director in the day to day business operations.
We’re super pumped to be able to offer two new administrative positions within our established, fun, and modestly successful company. Both roles are collaborative, working together on common tasks throughout the course of a week, but they differ in responsibility from each other. This job ad is for the Senior Administration Officer; there is also a Junior Administration Officer role available.
*** SUPER IMPORTANT *** We’re expecting to receive a lot of applications for this role, so, you’ll need to get our attention somehow. How is up to you. Plus, please tell us:
- Why you’re an exceptional candidate,
- What your biggest career success story is,
- What your biggest stuff up at work has been and the lessons it taught you (don’t stress, we all make mistakes).
Reception / First Point of Contact
- Talking. You’ll be doing a lot of talking, via phone, face to face, and email. You need to be able to write clearly, be friendly, have amazing phone manner, and be a delight to deal with.
- Backup receptionist tasks (primarily handled by our Junior Administration Officer, which we’re also hiring for at the same time, but you’ll provide backup if they’re not available) such as call taking, mail runs, liaising with couriers, and other typical front-of-house tasks, tea and coffee prep for visitors
- Supervising and delegating tasks to our Junior Administration officer
- Assisting the MD with day to day business activities, such scheduling, communications, data entry
- Assisting our technical team with administrative tasks and non-technical tasks
- Overseeing our service agreement register & associated billing
- Invoicing work completed by the technical team, and reporting of products and services to clients
- Engaging with new clients to get all of their details into our systems, helping with the client onboarding process, making them feel welcome!
- Implementing our marketing plan together with the MD and Junior admin officer
- Developing new marketing strategies with the MD and Junior admin officer
- Measuring the results of marketing efforts
- Arranging gifts and rewards for clients and suppliers
- Representing the company at business networking events
Day to day book keeping & financials
- Some book keeping tasks with MYOB
- Overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable in conjunction with the MD
- Overseeing with bank account reconciliations
- Ensuring our bills are paid on time and our clients pay us on time
- Processing of internal forms such as expense claims, petty cash reconciliations
- Assisting MD with cash flow forecasts and budgeting
- Managing our purchase order log and credit with suppliers
- Sourcing and purchasing inventory and computer components together with the technical team
- Maintaining common areas tidy throughout the day and week, eg. preparing boardroom for meetings, keeping reception lobby tidy
- Assisting to develop our operational procedures to ensure clients receive an experience that makes them go “wow!” each time they work with us
- Plus much more!
- Must be eligible to work in Australia
- Must have five years or more of proven experience in similar roles in small or medium business
- Must have proven experience in a team leader or supervisory role
- Must have prior accounts and book keeping experience
- Must thrive for superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Must be able to work unsupervised, and take initiative
- Must possess killer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be tech-savvy, knowing your bits from your bytes
- Must have a professional demeanor and personality, but still be fun and involved with the team around you
- Must be a problem solver and able to think for yourself
- Must have faultless attention to detail – dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- Must be able to put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their perspective
- Must have an amazing phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Must be well groomed and well dressed
- Must have own vehicle and drivers license
- Above all, you must be reliable, punctual, a team player, and committed to making a difference!
Email your CV to email@example.com with subject line “Senior Administration Officer position” and be sure to answer our super important section above! If you’re a recruiter, please don’t contact us; we’re cool with reading peoples CV’s.