We are committed to being as environmentally friendly as possible, and have instituted the following practices throughout our company.
As computing consumes a tremendous amount of power, we aim to reduce our own emissions as much as possible, and provide advice for business owners.
Our environmentally friendly practices
- Recycle obsolete computer components and batteries through local computer recycling specialists.
- Re-purpose or gift computer equipment that still works to the public – people within the community can use these to learn with and build up their skills.
- Provision of remote support where possible to assist in reducing vehicle emissions.
- Network-wide, IT managed power policy on all computers that power them off overnight automatically, and shut down monitors when not in use during the day.
Within our offices, we:
- Recycle paper, cardboard, glass, and similar recyclables.
- Make use of natural light as much as possible.
- Use 100% LED light fittings throughout the office, with separate switches for each office and work area (LED lighting supplied and installed in WA by Precise Electrical). We power off lights as they are not needed.
- Take advantage of natural air flow during Winter and the cooler months, and the sea breeze on Summer afternoons to maintain a comfortable work environment.
- Keep air conditioning use to a minimum, and no lower than 24 degrees.
- Fans are used to circulate air instead of air conditioning when possible.
- Print on paper only when necessary, and always print in duplex mode.
- Power down computers, monitors, and printers, overnight and over the weekend where possible.
Carbon Emissions Offset
We are currently undergoing a carbon emissions analysis to determine our annual CO2 emissions, with the aim of offsetting these thanks to Carbon Neutral.
Our goal is to offset 100% of our carbon emissions throughout the year.