Are you ridiculously organized? Do you eat to-do lists for breakfast and spit them out before lunch, and then get cravings to finish off another to-do list before afternoon tea? Do you believe variety is the spice of life? Sick of menial roles where you don’t get a chance to make a difference and your suggestions fall on deaf ears? Do you want to be the vital cog that makes all the wheels turn in a small business?
Our amazingly talented and ever reliable Admin guru Megan is heading off to her dream job after smashing her uni degree for six, so we’re seeking an equally amazingly talented, reliable, and intelligent person to join our team, to fill the role of Administration Officer, taking care of a huge variety of tasks administrative tasks throughout the office and business. We’re a well-established and comfortably growing IT services provider, and we look after the IT requirements for small and medium businesses throughout Australia. This is a flexible position based in Malaga, WA, and we’re looking someone available for 30+ hours a week either over four or five days – we’re flexible.
The role has exposure to just about every area of the business, and, working with our entire team you will be responsible for activities listed below, including first point of contact duties, contract editing and review, entry level book keeping duties in MYOB (training provided if required), purchasing, marketing, making people feel awesome, as well as assisting the Managing Director in the day to day business operations.
This role has the potential to develop into an Office Manager position for the right person within the next 18-24 months, with first point of contact tasks delegated to an office junior under your supervision. But you have to earn your stripes first.
*** SUPER IMPORTANT *** We’re expecting to receive a lot of applicants for this role, so, you’ll need to get our attention somehow. How is up to you. Plus, please tell us:
- Why you’re an exceptional candidate,
- What your biggest career success story is,
- What your biggest stuff up at work has been and the lessons it taught you (don’t stress, we all make mistakes).
Reception / First Point of Contact
- Talking. You’ll be doing a lot of talking, via phone, face to face, and email. You need to be able to write clearly, be friendly, have amazing phone manner, and be a delight to deal with.
- Receptionist tasks such as call taking, mail runs, liaising with couriers, and other typical front-of-house tasks, tea and coffee prep for visitors
- Assisting the MD in day to day activities, such as calendaring, scheduling, communications, data entry
- Assisting our technical team with administrative tasks and non-technical tasks
- Assisting to maintain our service agreement register & billing
- Invoicing work completed by the technical team, and reporting of products and services to clients
- Engaging with new clients to get all of their details into our systems, helping with the client onboarding process, making them feel welcome!
- One day each week dedicated to marketing the company
- Implementing the existing marketing plan
- Developing new marketing strategies for our WA and Tasmanian offices
- Measuring the results of marketing efforts
- Arranging gifts and rewards for clients and suppliers
Day to day book keeping & financials
- Book keeping tasks with MYOB
- Assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assisting with bank account reconciliations
- Making sure our bills are paid on time and our clients pay us on time
- Processing of internal forms such as expense claims, petty cash reconciliations
- Assisting MD with cash flow forecasts and budgeting
- Sourcing and purchasing inventory and computer components
- Maintaining our purchase order log
- Finding out where the order from Sydney has gone and why it is taking so long
- Maintaining common areas tidy throughout the day and week, eg. preparing boardroom for meetings, keeping reception lobby tidy
- Assisting to develop our operational procedures to ensure clients receive an experience that makes them go “wow!” each time they work with us
- Plus much more!
- Must be eligible to work in Australia
- Must have at least two years proven experience in similar roles in small or medium business
- Must thrive for superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Must be able to work unsupervised, and take initiative
- Must possess good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be tech-savvy, knowing your bits from your bytes
- Must have a professional demeanor and personality
- Must be a problem solver and able to think for yourself
- Must have faultless attention to detail – dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- Must be able to put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their perspective
- Must have an amazing phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Must be well groomed and well dressed
- Must have own vehicle and drivers license
- Above all, you must be reliable, punctual, a team player, and committed to making a difference!
Interested? Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Administration Officer position” and be sure to answer our super important section above! If you’re a recruiter, please don’t contact us.