IT Helpdesk Analyst – Perth WA and Devonport TAS
FT, PT, Casual roles available.
We are always recruiting for good people with IT talent and aptitude to join us; this is a permanent advert for this position.
Remuneration above Fair Work Australia’s MA000065 Professional Employees award, plus paid overtime / work flexibility benefits.
Last updated 19th March 2022
You have a friendly disposition and thrive when helping and supporting others. You love technology and love how it makes things better, and you have a desire to help people. Maybe you’re new to the industry and you want to get your feet wet in the real IT world, or you’ve been on helpdesk for a couple of years and wanting a change of scenery and a chance to learn more.
We’re happy to hear from uni students, existing helpdesk personnel from another company or MSP, and even grizzled veterans who just want to keep it simple and deliver great customer service.
Within this role you’ll be taking care of a never-ending variety of tasks within our help desk team. Day to day support, system builds, user accounts, software support, and first level cybersecurity incident response. Whether your passion is networks, system admin, cybersecurity, or prefer desktop and end user support and Microsoft 365, we’d love to hear from you, and help you build on the skills you’re passionate about with our professional development programme.
Who we are
activIT systems is a steadily growing IT service provider based in Malaga, Western Australia, and a branch office in Devonport, Tasmania. We take care of IT for small and medium business. We’ve been around since 2004, have a long list of loyal clients, and a hugely passionate team.
Our WA office has bottomless freshly-ground espresso coffee, all manner of teas, an amazing Italian bakery down the road, a fresh office space with, great aircon, free parking, Spotify & Sonos nearly everywhere, a cool staff café within the building where you can chill out during lunch or coffee breaks, hold informal meetings, read a book, and recharge your mind.
Our Tasmanian office is a stones throw from the Mersey River and the Rooke Street Mall in the heart of Devonport, quick walking distance to places like Fundamental Espresso and Banjo’s bakery. It’s a secluded, quiet space, great for focus and concentration.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Helpdesk triage & remediation – emails, calls, remote service
- Deployment of new user accounts, new system builds, and day to day business as usual support
- Administration and implementation of Office365, and other cloud services
- Following our standard operating procedures and “rules of the game”
- Time tracking and recording of work performed in our job system
- Installing printers, PC’s, laptops, servers, and network devices for clients &
- Having your teammates backs by being reliable.
To be considered for this great role you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to learn new IT concepts and a demonstrated passion for this;
- Good technical aptitude – you ‘get’ how technical things work;
- Some experience providing IT support to an education institute, charity, association, home users (but not Mum & Dad);
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience;
- Operate with common sense and can problem solve issues autonomously.
- Eligiblity to work in Australia
- A Class C drivers license and your own reliable vehicle
- A Western Australian police clearance certificate (or can obtain one)
- A desire to deliver superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Maturity to work unsupervised, and take initiative
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite
- A professional demeanor and personality, but still be fun and involved with the team around you
- Great problem solving skills and able to think for yourself
- Faultless attention to detail – dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- Perspective – put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their angle
- Friendly and polite phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Super reliability, punctuality, and commitment to making a difference with an awesome team!
- Prepare a cover letter addressed to the Managing Director. We want to know why this role interests you.
- Send the cover letter with a current resume to email@example.com
- Use the subject line “IT Helpdesk Analyst role”.
- If we think you may be a good fit, we’ll be in contact to book an interview!