Administration and Accounts Receivable Officer – Perth WA
- Full-time role available; hybrid role with in-office and work-from-home arrangements available.
- Remuneration above Fair Work Australia’s MA000002 Clerks (Private Sector) award, plus work flexibility benefits, such as our nine day fortnight program.
- Last updated 3rd April 2023
You have a friendly disposition and a natural affinity to helping and supporting others. You’re a wiz in the office, dabbling in all facets of an organisation, have your finger on the pulse of what we’re up to, and enjoy a fast paced environment. You take initiative, tackling workplace problems with common sense and hate having unfinished tasks. You instinctively ask why does 2+2 not equal four, and need to get to the bottom of it.
About the role
This is an administration all rounder role, to assist our Office Manager with a set of regular tasks within the corporate office, plus running our accounts receivable function. It is a NEW role, that we’ve created as we’ve become busier and bigger.
There is a strong requirement for eye for the details and troubleshooting financial inaccuracies; you need to understand numbers, have demonstrated experience performing an accounts receivable or bookkeeping role, and a work ethic that just gets thing done.
Who we are
activIT systems is a steadily growing, and sustainable, IT service provider headquartered in Malaga, Western Australia, with a branch office in Devonport, Tasmania. We take care of IT and cybersecurity for small and medium business. We’ve been around since 2004, have a long list of loyal clients, and a hugely passionate team.
Our WA office has bottomless freshly-ground espresso coffee, all manner of teas, an amazing Italian bakery down the road, a fresh office space with great aircon, free parking, Spotify & Sonos nearly everywhere, a cool staff café within the building where you can chill out during lunch or coffee breaks, hold informal meetings, read a book, and recharge your mind.
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, and have strong principles of diversity and inclusion across our team.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Render assistance to the Office Manager for delegated tasks as required
- Perform accounts receivable functions
- Raising invoices and credits for our clients
- Managing inbound payments, payment reconciliation, direct debit platform management
- Collaboration with the sales and admin team to process purchase orders and invoices
- As well as varied administration duties like:
- Phone calls and general enquiries, running errands, assisting maintain the tidiness of areas like the boardroom, and common amenity areas
- Preparing boardroom for training, visitors and other events.
- Participate and organise lunch club and fun committee
To be considered for this great role you will ideally have..
- Experience in a corporate, office environment.
- At least three years of accounts receivable or bookkeeping experience
- Proven experience in collections and payment
- High integrity and attention to detail in your work
- Common sense and a problem solving mindset
- Eligiblity to work in Australia
- A professional demeanor and personality, but still be fun and involved with the team around you
- A Western Australian police clearance certificate (or can obtain one)
- A Class C drivers license and your own reliable vehicle
- A desire to deliver superb customer service and client satisfaction!
- Perspective – put yourself in the clients shoes and look at something from their angle
- Friendly and polite phone manner and be a delight to talk to, and have a professional yet friendly email manner
- Super reliability, punctuality, and commitment to making a difference within an awesome team!
- Prepare a cover letter addressed to the Office Manager, tell us a bit about yourself and why this role interests you
- Send the cover letter with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject line “Admin & AR role application”
- If we think you may be a good fit, we’ll be in contact to book an interview!